Featured Post

Linkedin

 These days, I mostly post my tech musings on Linkedin.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/seanmcgrath/

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ubuntu 7.10 on Thinkpad X.61 - Delightoids and doldrummers

Summary : its the best personal computing setup I have ever had

Latest lows

  • wxDownload spontaneously combusts sometimes
  • trackerd sometimes hogs serious CPU time.

    Latest highs

  • Google desktop works great. How did I live without this sort of local search?
  • xournal is wonderful!
  • Same Gnome. When in an airport, bored to tears, intensely tired, with no easy access to popable bubble-wrap and a bout of RSI, this game is a great mental chewing gum and works fine with the pen interface.

    Most significant change to my browsing environment recently = Download Them All! addon to Firfox. What a great tool.
  • No comments: